Friday, January 2, 2009

Good ole' first.

Well tonight was something, i think i might try to change my life after a long talk with my uncle. Let's see here. Today started out like any other Jan 1st. I drove my sister to my dad's side of the family where they have a get together at a park. It was nice, i saw my cousins, second cousins, third cousins, what not. I met a new friend Alex, he does amazing hip hop / break dancing, and he also works for an urban clothing company. Any who, after that i proceeded to drive to my mom's side of the family. I helped cook, make sushi, etc. Near the end when everyone left, i was caught sitting alone watching an endless reel of mythbusters when my uncle decided to talk to me. I don't know how it happened, or when it did really but i estimate i talked for a good 2-3 hours with him. Now for a little backround. His son is about 10 years older than me and i look up to him quite a bit. His daughter is very creative, a weird individual whom i would love to be like. All of my cousins are cool in their own way, but i must say that i really do envy both of these cousins the most. Well, my uncle started to talk to me about life, his life, his kids, my parents, everything in general. I learned what a hard life he went through, and i can't even imagine how hard it must have been for him. He was a bastard child hooked on drugs, alcohol, with an abusive step father, and a fucked up mother. His life came straight out of a story book and i was just amazed i couldn't even say anything. He changed his life so dramatically and turned into such a good man that he has become a major role model within my life now. The way he views things, talks about things, and knows about things is just so interesting. I understand him when he talks about stuff and agree with almost everything he says. Until he started talking about the bible i thought he was the most amazing person ever. I have nothing against someone who believes in God, but i just can't justify it. He claims that all of the answers are in the bible and i don't believe that one bit. I'm sure it can give you some good morals or teach you to be good, but a lot of people take it to far, and i just don't believe in it. Anyways, good night, i learned a lot about life, my uncle, myself and learned i need to change. And maybe apply to work at costco?

No comments:

Post a Comment